Currently, we have two positions opened at Neurotar. We shall fill them as soon as we find suitable candidates. Please do not hesitate to apply or to contact us with questions!
Head of Contract Research
Neurotar is a pioneer and the primary provider of in vivo two-photon imaging as contract research for the global pharmaceutical industry. Our customers are leading CNS drug developers operating in the USA, Europe, and Japan that value our research team’s unique knowledge and expertise.
We are looking for a seasoned scientist and an aspiring business leader to head Neurotar’s contract research operations.
The candidate must have
- a Ph.D. in neuroscience or a related field
- at least 2-3 years of relevant work experience (in the industry or academia)
- a proven record of successfully managing scientific projects and teams
- excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- as well as excellent interpersonal skills
We hope that you share our enthusiasm for in vivo two-photon imaging and its emerging potential for drug development. The right candidate must be flexible and autonomous, with a hands-on approach and a growth mindset.
The Head of Contract research is responsible for
- planning, supervising and reporting contract research studies
- managing existing customer relationships, and actively pursuing new business opportunities
- developing the imaging and animal research infrastructure
- promoting Neurotar’s services via digital channels, industry events, and active networking
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional scientist aspiring to work at the cutting edge of preclinical CNS drug development and expand Neurotar’s contract research operations. To match this ambition, we offer a competitive compensation package that includes incentives tied to the growth and development of Neurotar’s contract research business. This position is based in Helsinki.
Learn more about Neurotar’s contract research business.
Interested? Please send a CV, a cover letter, and your salary expectations to [email protected].
Application Specialist, Mobile HomeCage® products
Neurotar develops research equipment for high precision tests (2-photon & fUS imaging, electrophysiological recordings) in awake behaving mice. Our customer base and the number of publications featuring our proprietary Mobile HomeCage® are growing. This is an exciting time to join Neurotar’s sales and support team!
We are looking for a neuroscientist with a positive attitude, enthusiasm for our products, high level of flexibility, and autonomy to join us in Helsinki (full-time).
- Ph.D. (neuroscience or related field)
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- High level of autonomy, resilience, and optimism
- First-hand experience with animal research (in rodents)
- Lab experience in 2-photon imaging or electrophysiology
- Experience writing grant applications, animal licenses
- Video recording and editing
- Understand customer needs and effectively communicate the Mobile HomeCage® benefits and features to customers, prospects, and sales partners
- Identify and actively pursue new sales opportunities
- Provide technical/scientific support to prospects, customers, and sales partners
- Carry out product installations and product training
- Aid in developing documentation for product release, training, and use
- Help organize the Mobile HomeCage® trade shows, roadshows, and demos, and participate in them
- Manage equipment trials and product returns
- Carry out proof-of-concept and validation experiments (optional)
- Competitive base salary, uncapped commission
- Informal and friendly work environment
- Autonomy and flexible worktime arrangements (after the trial period)
- Sales and marketing training on the job (if required)
This position requires travel to Europe, North America, and possibly other destinations. Please send a CV and a short cover letter to [email protected].