Last modified: May 16th, 2018
- What information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that information;
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
As a B2B provider, Neurotar Oy Ltd does not collect information about private individuals. In our interactions with you we assume that you are acting on behalf of your organization. Based on the nature of our business we come into contact with pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies, contract research organizations, Universities, governmental, military, public and private, for-profit and not-for-profit research institutions, various suppliers to pharmaceutical and research device industries. Information that we collect about our customers, prospects and partners falls into the following categories:
Information you give us
For example, you share information when you contact us directly by email, phone or chat, when you subscribe to our newsletter or social media channels, when you make purchases in the online store, when we meet at conferences, partnering events and exhibitions. In most of these instances, you share contact information such as your name, email, telephone number, address, affiliation and job title. You may also share information about your research interests, projects, goals, and methods as well as your contact and payment preferences and methods. For our online store customers we retain password information, information about payment method and order history. We do not have access to your credit card information, which is handled by Stripe.
When you contact us, such as for product/service inquiries or customer support, content of your messages is copied to our CRM system. Your phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored or recorded. These measures ensure that your communications and order history remain up to date, which helps us to provide you with tailored information, offers, products and services.
Information gained through cookies and other technologies
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like web beacons, to improve your user experience and overall quality of our services by assessing whether you access and act upon our content published online, our promotional newsletters and email messages.
Information we get from third parties
Third-party information sources vary over time, but in the past they have included:
- Distribution and sales partners, who share contact information for prospects and customers located in their geographic markets;
- Service providers that help us determine your location based on your internet protocol addresses in order to customize certain products to your location (Tawk, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, WordPress, Hubspot);
- Social networks provide information about your subscriptions and activities associated with them to the extent that they are authorized (by you) to do so (YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook);
- Publically available sources such as press releases, web sites, social media, partnering software and other public databases provide general information about your institutions, research and funding milestones.
How we use information we collect
We collect the information in order to provide, maintain and improve our products and services, as well as to develop new ones. We also use the information to provide your organizations with tailored service and product offerings.
We store the collected information in the cloud-based Network Attached Storage (NAS; Synolocy Inc.). The data are also stored in our cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) system (Worketc Pty Ltd) and other databases made available by third-party service providers, such as Mailchimp & Tawk.
We retain information for as long as necessary to provide the products, services, information, updates or support as well as to fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving the disputes and enforcing the agreements. For example, according to the Finnish accounting act, information about financial transactions must be retained for 6 years.
Accessing and updating your personal information
If you wish to access or update the information that we have collected about you, please send an email to [email protected]. Please use the same email address to update your preferences for the type of information that you wish to receive from us and the channels through which this information should be shared with you. Please use subscription preference updating tools and opt-out options provided by 3rd party service providers to regulate communications facilitated by them.
Information we share
In order to assist you in locations geographically distant from our headquarters (situated in Helsinki, Finland), we may share your contact information with our sales and distribution partners located in the USA, Canada, China, Taiwan and Korea. We inform you whenever we transfer your contact information to our partners.
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We restrict access to your information to Neurotar’s employees and partners, and we make such information available on the need-to-know basis only;
- We carefully evaluate 3rd party service providers’ security provisions prior to engaging their services. Please contact the providers identified above directly for more information on their data storage and protection guidelines and provisions.
Changes & contact info