Be the first one to learn about service and product updates.
HeadFix is a robust, easy-to-use, and versatile head fixation system for anesthetized rodents. When ready to start with awake animals, easily upgrade the HeadFix to the full functionality of the Mobile HomeCage by adding the AirLift.
Request a Quote
Request a Trial
Whether you are looking for a head fixation system for anesthetized rodents, or for an easy entry into awake preparations, the HeadFix is a good way to start. Why get the HeadFix if the intention is to work with awake mice? – Break your Mobile HomeCage purchase into smaller parts (the HeadFix, the AirLift, the tracking upgrade) and de-risk your investment in case something does not work out as fast as you planned or there is a change of direction.
- robust and easy head-fixation for anesthetized mice and rats;
- compact, compatible with the majority of commercial 2-photon microscopes;
- suitable for experiments involving restricted movement of awake mice, e.g. using a linear or a spherical treadmill;
- easily converts into a fully functional system for experiments in awake and freely moving mice (with the help of the AirLift);
- eases transition from in vivo (live, anesthetized) to in vigilo (live, awake);
- ensures reproducibility of results.
- Dimenstions: 200 X 420 X 150 mm;
- Weight: 4,75 kg;
- Materials: aluminium, stainless steel.
HeadFix kit composition
A standard HeadFix kit has all you need to start using the device. It includes:
- metric or imperial breadboard (please specify at the time of ordering);
- bridge and towers;
- standard clamp and neck;
- ten head plates of your choice.
- Fast and firm head fixation with micrometer precision;
- Large selection of precise engineered head plates accommodates different research needs;
- Choice of imperial of metric breadboard;
- Choice of straight or rotating clamp.
If unsure which spare parts and accessories you may need please contact firstname.lastname@example.org