Be the first one to learn about service and product updates.
Lightweight laser-cut stainless steel head plates are designed to ensure fast and firm head fixation, as well as superior stability of recordings. Large variety of sizes and shapes accommodates different research needs. Head plates are attached to the skull with dental cement. Once detached, they can be cleaned and reused multiple times.
From 235.50 USD
Request a Quote
Request a Trial
- Fast and firm head fixation;
- Supreme stability of recordings (if head plates are used in combination with Neurotar’s clamps);
- Large selection of head plates to meet various research needs;
- Cost savings: head plates are inexpensive and reusable.
- Helicopter design (models 1-12, four blades) ensures maximum stability for in vivo recordings in awake animals;
- Rabbit design (models A, B, two blades) provides sufficient stability for in vivo recordings in anesthetized animals;
- Models 8 and 9 are especially designed for elecrophysiological recordings with access to both hemispheres; beveled design of model 9 provides for better access with micromanipulators at non-vertical angles;
- Models 10 and 11 provide for better access to rostral and caudal areas.
- Model 12 is designed specifically for functional ultrasound imaging (fUS); the head plate exposes a larger area of the brain (for fUS, optical imaging or microelectrode access) than any window-like opening.
See below for images of different models.
- Approximate outer dimensions: 25 X 12 mm (size varies by model)
- Approximate weight: 0,9-1,2 g (weight varies by model)
- Material: stainless steel
Minimum order requirement
10 head plates per shipment (prices under ‘choose an option’ are given for a set of 10 head plates).