Be the first to learn about new products and special offers
MultiCage Training Arena
The MultiCage Training Arena allows training three mice simultaneously. It increases training throughput and shortens the run-up to experiments.
Request a Quote
Request a Trial
Using the same device for training and for testing slows down the experiments. The MultiCage arena allows training three head-fixed mice simultaneously.
- The Multicage increases training throughput & reduces the run-up time to experiments;
- It removes the need to move the Mobile HomeCage in and out of the experimental set-up;
- … and the need to keep track of individual training schedules for different mice;
- Overall, the Multicage gives greater flexibility that comes from using a dedicated training device.
This is how it works:
Yes, all your need is a MultiCage upgrade kit.
Yes, simply remove the bridge with double head fixation. If a 180 mm cage is too small, get a larger carbon cage (e.g. 290 mm or 325 mm) or a larger foam cage or maze.
Yes, if you get a (locomotion) tracking upgrade kit, you would be able to track locomotion of one head-fixed mouse. Unfortunately, tracking the locomotion of three mice is not yet feasible.
- Dimensions: 720 X 570 X 155 mm;
- Floating cages’ dimensions: 180 X 70 mm;
- Weight: 13,3 kg;
- Materials: Aluminium, stainless steel, carbon fiber.
Operating the MultiCage Training Arena requires an airflow of 250 L/min at 20 kPa (compare to 150 L/min airflow requirement for the Mobile HomeCage Large).
MultiCage Training Arena kit composition
- Air dispenser;
- Two sets of towers;
- Bridge with a single head fixation (a standard or Levelt clamp and a straight neck);
- Second bridge with two head fixations (two standard or Levelt clamps and two straight necks);
- Three carbon fiber cages (180 X 70 mm);
- Fifteen head plates (any model);
- Hose (diameter: 12 mm, length 3 m) for connecting to an air source.