Be the first to learn about new products and special offers
Roof kit for the Mobile HomeCage
The roof blocks external light and dampens external noise. It facilitates mouse behavior by making mice feel snug and protected while keeping them exposed to observation. The roof can be used to control temperature and air composition.
From 1,459.90 USD
Request a Quote
Request a Trial
Even if the walls obstruct their vision, mice can size the room using their hearing. Cage walls do not block all of the external light and noises and do not provide sufficient shielding. As expected, mice behave differently when they feel exposed. This is why we recommend using the roof.
The roof facilitates mouse behavior in the Mobile HomeCage. It dampens room noises and echoes making it possible to train mice even in large spaces. Transparent red acrylic blocks visible light and prevents mice from seeing outside the cage. While they cannot see outside, mice remain visible to the observer. In addition, the roof prevents non-head fixed mice from escaping the cage during sociability tests. Besides that: it can be used as a climate control chamber, which is particularly useful for experiments with hypoxia or heat-triggered epilepsy models, as well as for tests on juvenile mice and rats who don’t fare well at normal room temperatures.
- Reduces stress and facilitates natural behavior in the Mobile HomeCage;
- Reduces external noises and blocks visual clues;
- Allows behavioral observation and video recording from outside the cage;
- Effectively eliminates room echo and allows performing behavioral tests (in the Mobile HomeCage) in large laboratory spaces;
- Allows controlling temperature and air composition;
- Facilitates experiments in juvenile mice and rats.
- Quick to assemble, disassemble, and to adjust the height without screws;
- Hinged design allows quick access to animals during experiments;
- Blocks 98% of light in the spectrum visible to mice;
- A customizable objective/manipulator cover ensures compatibility with other research equipment.
Roof kit composition
- Two removable red acrylic roof wings with aluminum hinges;
- Objective/manipulator covers (soft rubber): one for the back panel and 5 for the front panel, including one uncut cover for custom solutions.