Be the first one to learn about service and product updates.
The transparent cage allows combining the experiments in the Mobile HomeCage with visual stimulation from outside the cage and observing or video-recording the animal from aside.
2,228 USD (ex-VAT)
Request a Quote
Request a Trial
- Allows presenting visual stimuli from outside the cage, e.g., on a screen;
- Allows combining the experiments in the Mobile HomeCage with virtual reality (VR) systems;
- Allows observing and recording the mouse from the side (e.g. for gait research);
- Magnets used for locomotion tracking are built into the bottom of the cage – no tracking mats are necessary;
- The cage’s low weight ensures effortless movement and sustains the illusion of volitional locomotion within the cage while the mouse remains firmly head-fixed for high precision tests;
- The walls provide a source of sensory stimulation.
Alternatives to using the transparent cage
The main alternative is an extra-low wall (20 mm) cage that allows the mouse to see over the wall. We can cut down the wall of any standard carbon cage at no extra charge – please remember to ask before the order delivery. While an extra low-wall cage is a very cost-effective alternative to the transparent cage, mice feel more exposed in it. Initially, this may lead to a higher level of stress, but the stress can be reduced with a small increase in training.
Yet another option is using a carbon fiber disc. Prepare to be even more patient with the training, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to specify your custom order.
Transparent cage specifications
- Dimensions: 180 mm X 70 mm
- Weight: 39 g – 49 g (depending on whether the magnets are built into the bottom)
- Material: carbon fiber (composite bottom), transparent plastic
Transparent cage options for the Mobile HomeCage Large system
For custom design of larger diameter cages (any diameter < 325 mm) with transparent walls please contact us at email@example.com.