Be the first to learn about new products and special offers
Large carbon fiber mouse cages
The large carbon fiber mouse cage is designed to be ultralightweight and durable, as well as to have a rigid bottom for even flotation. Magnets are built into the bottom for locomotion tracking (optional) in the Mobile HomeCage Large.
From 3,300.50 USD
Request a Quote
Request a Trial
Do not be fooled by the cage’s simple design. Every large carbon fiber mouse cage has a composite bottom for ultralightweight and rigidity. The low weight is crucial for the mouse’s ability to push the cage effortlessly, and the rigiduíty – for even flotation. If the cages are stored and cleaned properly, they will serve over many months. The cage can be disinfected with a 70% Ethanol solution and used between different animals. The magnetic cages have magnets built into the bottom for locomotion tracking in the Mobile HomeCage Large.
- Large cage diameter allows more space for movement;
- Ultralightweight is key to creating the illusion of free, effortless, and self-directed navigation;
- Magnets built into the floor enable locomotion tracking functionality and reduce rotational inertia;
- A selection of different sizes, wall heights and materials (opaque carbon fiber or transparent plastic).
Large carbon fiber cage options
The first measurement is the cage’s diameter, and the second measurement is the cage’s wall height:
- 325 mm X 70 mm carbon fiber cage
- 325 mm X 40 mm carbon fiber cage
- 325 mm X 20 mm carbon fiber cage
- 325 mm X 70 mm transparent wall cage
- 325 mm X 40 mm transparent wall cage
- 290 mm X 40 mm carbon fiber cage
- 290 mm X 40 mm transparent wall cage
To enable the locomotion tracking, we build magnets into the base of all large carbon fiber cages. The magnets are not visible, but you must remember not to place the cage on or near the (magnetic) metal surfaces.
The weight is between 63-68 g (depending on the model).
All large carbon fiber mouse cages are round. If you need a square cage, please consider foam cage options (see at the bottom of the page).
- Magnetic doors snap into place quickly, easily but also firmly to prevent the animal from pushing out the door during the experiment. Close the door from inside the cage so that the mouse cannot push it out;
- High wall cage (70 mm) protects the animal from distractions in the surrounding environment;
- Low wall cage (40 mm) allows better access with micromanipulators;
- Extra-low wall cage (20 mm) is optimal for patch-clamp recordings;
- Special floor finish gives a better grip, which makes it easier for the mouse to move around the cage.
Do not find the cage that you need? No problem. We can custom make a large carbon fiber mouse cage for your needs.