Application specialist, Mobile HomeCage® products
Do you enjoy helping other people reach their scientific goals? Join our small and dynamic team in helping neuroscience labs succeed with their research projects by providing your scientific expertise and product knowledge. Genuine desire to interact with other people and to help them, autonomy, flexibility, and enthusiasm for your work is crucial to success in this job.
- Education: Ph.D. (neuroscience or related field)
- First-hand experience with animal research (mice, rats)
- Lab experience in 2-photon imaging, electrophysiology, or optogenetics (highly desirable)
- Soft skills: excellent communication and networking skills (no phone aversion), flexibility, good listening and time management skills, ability to multi-task, resilience, and optimism
- Language skills: excellent written and oral communication in English
- Video recording and editing experience is desirable
- User experience with R, Matlab, Python or LabVIEW and/or experience of acquiring, maintaining, assembling, or designing scientific equipment is desirable
- Understand customer needs and effectively communicate the Mobile HomeCage® benefits and features to customers, prospects, and sales partners;
- Identify and actively pursue new sales opportunities;
- Provide technical/scientific support to prospects, customers, sales partners, and other team members;
- Carry out product installations and product training (when the travel restrictions are lifted);
- Aid in developing documentation for product release, training, and use;
- Help organize the Mobile HomeCage® trade shows, roadshows, and demos, and participate in them (when the travel restrictions are lifted);
- Manage trials and product returns;
- Collect user feedback and product development requests;
- Carry out proof-of-concept and validation experiments (optional).
This position is based in Helsinki, but it will require travel to Europe, North America, and possibly other destinations as soon as such travel becomes possible.
If you are coming straight from academia, be opened to learning new sales and marketing skills.
If interested, please send a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.