Application Specialist, Mobile HomeCage® Line of Products
We are looking for a highly motivated academic scientist or life sciences industry professional to support Neurotar’s sales and marketing team.
This is an ideal opportunity for an academic scientist contemplating a transition to industry – your background in neuroscience research would provide a valuable source of customer knowledge, while we would teach you the rest on the job.
If you already have some experience in customer support, sales or marketing in the context of life sciences industry, we would consider this an important advantage.
- Education: MSc in Neuroscience (or related fields), PhD or some post-graduate experience is a plus
- Animal models: mouse
- Lab experience in 2-photon imaging, electrophysiology or optogenetics is not required but highly desirable
- Soft skills: excellent communication and networking skills (no phone aversion), good listener and team player, excellent time management, ability to multi-task, social media savvy
- Languages: excellent written and oral communication in English
- Readiness to travel and meet customers
- Video recording and editing experience (optional, but highly desirable)
- Understand customer needs and effectively communicate Mobile HomeCage® benefits and features to customers, prospects, sales and product development partners
- Provide technical/scientific support to customers, Neurotar’s staff, sales partners, prospects and product development partners
- Collect information about Mobile HomeCage® products’ compatibility with other research equipment, aid in making Mobile HomeCage® products compatible with other research equipment
- Plan and implement marketing actions, such as email campaigns, product & website updates, product sheets, social media profiles and postings
- Aid in developing documentation for product release, training and use
- Help organize Mobile HomeCage® trade shows, roadshows and demos, and participate in them
- Maintain close relationships with the reference labs and Mobile HomeCage® users – aid in and collect information about their projects, adapt materials shared by reference labs for marketing purposes
- Prepare products for shipment to customers, reference labs and demos
- Manage trials and product returns
- Collect user feedback and product development requests
- Carry out proof-of-concept and validation experiments (optional, but highly desired)
This position is based in Helsinki; it requires occasional travel to Europe, North America and possibly other destinations. In the long-term, this job allows transferring to sales or product management functions or relocating to another European country or North America.
If you have entrepreneurial spirit, like helping other people, solving problems and doing different things every day – this is your job, and we shall support you in every way!
Please send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.