Application Specialist, Mobile HomeCage® Products
Do you enjoy helping other people reach their scientific goals? This is what this job is all about: helping our customers succeed with their research projects and helping our team members (internal customers) excel in their tasks by providing your scientific expertise and product knowledge. Genuine desire to interact with other people and assist them, as well as ability to adapt your communication skills to different groups of people (scientists and non-scientists) is key to success in this job.
- Education: PhD (neuroscience) or comparable
- Animal models: mouse
- Lab experience in 2-photon imaging, electrophysiology or optogenetics highly desirable
- Soft skills: excellent communication and networking skills (no phone aversion), flexibility, good listening and time management skills, ability to multi-task, social media savvy
- Language skills: excellent written and oral communication in English
- Video recording and editing experience is desirable (not required)
- Programming skills and/or experience of acquiring, maintaining, assembling or designing scientific equipment is desirable (not required)
- Understand customer needs and effectively communicate Mobile HomeCage® benefits and features to customers, prospects, sales and product development partners
- Provide technical/scientific support to customers, Neurotar’s staff, sales partners, prospects and product development partners
- Maintain close relationships with the reference labs and Mobile HomeCage® users – aid in and collect information about their projects
- Carry out product installations and product training
- Aid in developing documentation for product release, training and use
- Help organize the Mobile HomeCage® trade shows, roadshows and demos, and participate in them
- Prepare products for shipment to customers, reference labs and demos
- Manage trials and product returns
- Collect user feedback and product development requests
- Aid in sales and marketing tasks
- Carry out proof-of-concept and validation experiments (optional, but highly desired)
This position is based in Helsinki, but it will require travel to Europe, North America and possibly other destinations. In the long-term, this job allows adding (or transferring to) sales & marketing tasks.
If you are genuinely hands-on, like solving problems and doing different things every day – this is your job, and we shall support you in every way!
If interested, please send a CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.